Thursday, September 12, 2013

There'll Never Be Another Johnny Cash Video - The Borders Brothers



Ten years ago today, I was on my way home from work when I heard on the radio that Johnny Cash had died. The Man In Black has been one of my heroes since I was three years old and I remember feeling a little numb on the ride home. Odd, since I didn't even know the man - although, I feel privileged to have met him.
A few days later, I wrote a song called There'll Never Be Another Johnny Cash - my tribute to the the man, his music, and the impact he had on me even as a three-year-old kid. As you may be able to tell from the song, Johnny Cash was a major influence in the way I write and sing. And, even though it's been ten years, to quote one of his songs, "I still miss someone." #cashtag

 

No comments:

Post a Comment