Monday, January 2, 2017

What's New?

Recently, I heard some guys on the radio discussing how much life had changed in the last twenty years. To make their point, one of the guys asked the listening audience to take a moment to reflect on where they, the audience, were and what they, the audience, were doing twenty years ago. “I think you’ll see your life has changed dramatically.”

So, I did what they suggested.

Twenty years ago today, I was driving a semi across northern Wisconsin, in freezing rain, pulling an empty trailer. It was the first time I’d driven a semi in freezing rain and I was moving pretty slowly. But no other trucks passed me so; I guess I wasn’t overdoing it on the slowness.

To make things worse, I had a horrible cold; eyes watering, sneezing, and coughing. So, not feeling well, I just plodded along. Eventually, I got to where I was going—only to be sent back the other way, over the same road. But at least I then had a load, which did help a little. Still, it wasn’t exactly a fun day. I remember thinking “I wish summer would hurry up and get here.”

And now, twenty years later, what am I doing? Well, at this very moment, I’m typing this blog post, but soon, I shall be heading to work. Work will consist of driving a semi across northern Oregon, in what is expected to be freezing rain, pulling an empty trailer. Then, once I get my load, I’ll head back the way I came. I currently have a horrible cold with all the debilitating symptoms along the ultimately lousy feeling that goes with winter. I keep thinking, “I wish summer would hurry up and get here.”

So, not much has changed. So far, not much “new” is happening for this new year.

I couldn’t very well tell my story to the guys on the radio, so I told you! Happy New Year! ~

Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

______________________________


Current Reads




No comments:

Post a Comment