Monday, January 12, 2015

Cheaper Gas!

A few years ago, I would have never thought I’d be happy with gas prices at more than two dollars a gallon. But that was before I’d been forced to pay nearly twice that much.

Everyone seems to be concerned with answering the question of why gas prices are dropping. I’m not really interested in the why, only that they are! And, like most people, I find it difficult to work up any sympathy for the companies that are losing money because of it. Those are the same companies that have taken advantage of me and everyone else for years. They were never too worried what the high prices were doing to any of us.

Recent reports claim that thanks to the falling prices, Americans are currently saving a few billion dollars per month! That’s a lot of money. And while I do more than my fair share of driving, I can assure you, I’m not saving quite that much!

Seriously though, living over 60 miles from my job means a weekly commute of around 650 miles. That adds up to a lot of gas over the course of a year. Wait, that adds up to a lot of gas over the course of a week. Especially since I drive a four-wheel drive pickup. And no, just to be clear, I NEVER considered buying a hybrid car. That’s definitely not  for me. I prefer to drive a real vehicle.

At any rate, you can see why the falling prices have me in such a good mood! But I know better than to allow myself to become too excited. Life has a way of handing a guy something with one hand and then taking it back with the other. I’m sure something will happen to even things out.

For the moment however, it is nice not to have to take out a second mortgage on the house just to buy gas.  Or, go without eating. And I no longer have the urge to shoot the dial on the pump either! Ditto for the sign. Good thing I guess, because so far, the price of ammo hasn’t really come down.

But perhaps the best part of the new lower gas prices is that I can now afford to go to work. Hmm. Now that I think about it, not sure if that makes me happy or not.

Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook and paperback on iTunes, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Diesel Books, and Smashwords, or at www.bruceabordersbooks.weebly.com. Amazon Profile - http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS. Bruce A. Borders also serves as the Vice-President of Rave Reviews Book Club.

______________________________



Current Reads

Allergic To Life: My Battle For Survival
Kathryn C. Treat

The Miracle Ship
Brian O’Hare

Mystical Emona: Soul’s Journey
Ronesa Aveela

SPOTLIGHT Author

C. S. Boyack
The Cock Of The South


No comments:

Post a Comment