Monday, December 2, 2013

Still Thankful

I know Thanksgiving is past but as I write this it is still the holiday weekend so, I guess I’m still feeling thankful. Thankful for a lot of things that never really get mentioned because they are overlooked or just taken for granted. I would name them all but unfortunately, I can’t. I know because I once tried to name everything I was thankful for and discovered the seemingly simple task was impossible.

So, I’ll just highlight a few things that are on my mind due to the holiday.

I’m thankful for the food, a wife who can, and will, cook. Thankful for the family who showed up to help us eat the food too. My parents, my brother and his family, an aunt, all of my kids and the four grandchildren, as well as several friends were here. Yeah, we had a full house!

I’m thankful for a job that allows me the opportunity to work and make a living - so we can afford to have a holiday! I’m thankful for getting the day off from work too, so I could spend the time with the previous mentioned list of people.

I’m thankful for a warm house, ‘cause it’s cold outside. And speaking of cold, I’m thankful the weather didn’t interrupt our plans.

I’m thankful for simple little things such as a camera - to take pictures that make memories easier to recall.

And I’m thankful to live in a country where we can have a Thanksgiving holiday - and actually have things to be thankful for.

These may seem like insignificant things but to me they’re definitely not. I don’t want to be one of those people who do not appreciate what they have until it’s gone. And someday, all the things I mentioned may very well be gone. There are no guarantees in life. So, I just wanted to say I’m thankful for them - at Thanksgiving and all year long.


Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books. Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, and Miscarriage Of Justice, and other titles, are available as ebooks on Apple I-Pad®, Amazon Kindle®, Barnes & Noble Nook® and Sony Reader®, Kobo, Diesel Books, and Smashwords. His books are also available in paperback at most online retailers or at www.bruceabordersbooks.weebly.com. The popular Wynn Garrett Series Books are now available on Barnes And Noble® at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?series_id=867526 See Bruce’s Smashwords Profile at www.smashwords.com/profile/view/BruceABorders?ref=BruceABorders  #BruceABorders

No comments:

Post a Comment