Monday, August 12, 2013

That Can Wait

I’m a procrastinator - sometimes. Not that I sit around idly doing nothing, but I put off certain things. Usually, this is because I have other things I’m doing that take far more time than I had planned. Then, unexpected things come up that need to be taken care of and so, I keep pushing back things I should have already had done. Which is how I ended up sitting outside on my deck at one o’clock in the morning, just hours before my deadline, trying to decide what to write for this week’s blog.

Sitting there, staring up at the stars, I noticed the mountainside behind my house. It’s a pretty steep hill that rises over a 1000 feet. In the cliffs at the top are a few sizeable caves. This is a perfect attraction for a young adventurous boy and when I was a kid, I made countless trips up the mountainside to explore. I would run up and down the rough, steep terrain multiple times a day. Not that I needed a reason, but I’d look for any excuse to go up there - sometimes just to see how fast I could make it to the top and back down to my house. It’s a wonder I didn’t break a leg - or two! But nothing bad ever happened and I have many fond memories of those days.

Although I now live just down the street from where I did then, it’s been years since I’ve been up to those caves. I keep thinking I need to make another trip - but, not on foot! I’m way to old for that. I doubt I’d have the energy to make it halfway up before collapsing. Lucky for me though, I don’t need to walk. There is a road that comes in from the back side. Not a very good road, but a road - I could drive up there! And I plan to - just haven’t done it. Not yet. I’m busy with other things. Or, maybe it’s because I’m a procrastinator.

Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books. Over My Dead Body, The Journey, and Miscarriage Of Justice, and other titles, are available as ebooks on Apple I-Pad®, Amazon Kindle®, Barnes & Noble Nook® and Sony Reader®, Kobo, Diesel Books, and Smashwords. His books are also available in print at most online retailers or at www.bruceabordersbooks.weebly.com. The popular Wynn Garrett Series Books are now available on Barnes And Noble® at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?series_id=867526 See Bruce’s Smashwords Profile at www.smashwords.com/profile/view/BruceABorders #MiscarriageOfJustice #BruceABorders

No comments:

Post a Comment