Sunday, March 4, 2018

That's Just Sick

Thought I’d made it through this winter without getting sick. The horrible flu everyone has been talking about somehow evaded me. People all around were sick, sometimes for weeks, but I just kept going apparently unaffected by it all. Until last week.

I noticed on Monday that I was extremely tired. Odd because I’d gotten more sleep than usual the two previous nights. Tuesday, things turned a little worse and I knew I was getting sick. I started gulping large amounts of water, juice, and Gatorade. These helped somewhat but by Wednesday night, I knew I’d lost the battle.

I stayed home from work Thursday, something I rarely do. In fact I’ve only called in sick once before, twice if you count when I was in the hospital. But that one wasn’t really up to me, so I don’t count it.

Friday came and feeling a little better, I went to work—only to stop in the middle of my run to go home. Saturday wasn’t any better. Actually, it was probably worse. Sunday continued the same way. I’ll spare everyone the details, as I’m sure everyone knows what being sick is like. The problem for me is I’d never been that sick for that many days in my life. Usually, the bad part, the debilitating part, lasts only a day or two. The rest of the time is no picnic but bearable. Not this time, unfortunately.

By Sunday night, I was thankfully feeling much better. Good thing, I have a blog to write. Haven’t done a thing all week so I’m sure writing and posting this will wear me out. So, I’m going to wrap it up. Sorry I had nothing interesting to report but as you can see, the only thing on my mind all week has been this sick idea of writing about my unhealthy health. ~


Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

______________________________


Current Reads





No comments:

Post a Comment