Monday, November 27, 2017

Not Likely To Happen

I’m really not much of a shopper. I don’t like shopping, even when there are certain things I need to buy. The whole experience bothers me; looking for a parking spot, the crowds of people, wandering through the store (and not finding what I want), the frustration of being limited in my choices, and I really don’t like not being able to compare prices—without running all over town to different stores.

And that is why I am extremely glad for online shopping. It eliminates all the hassle. 
Unfortunately, online shopping is not always an option, since my purchases can’t be delivered instantly. So, at times I’m forced to shop at a store. Like last Friday. Black Friday.

Finishing up a home project, I needed some last minute things and without thinking about what day it was, I headed to Home Depot. And found no place to park. So, truck driver that I am, I went to the docks and parked—out of the way of trucks, of course.

Inside, things got worse. People were crowding everywhere; all looking for that great buy of the century. A nightmare in other words. It took a while to navigate the treacherous aisles but I finally made it back to the trim boards, found what I needed and went to wait in the checkout line.

After a good half hour, I’d paid for couple of items and was gone, promising myself next time I would NOT make the mistake of shopping on Black Friday.

But then, I seem to recall doing much the same thing last year. And the year before that. Probably just about every year, because I’m always busy doing something. Maybe a better option would be for them (whoever they are) to discontinue Black Friday. Then guys like me, who can’t seem to remember it’s Black Friday, and always end up needing something, right then, could get in and out of the store in a timely fashion. Just a thought. ~


Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

______________________________


Current Reads





No comments:

Post a Comment