Monday, November 28, 2016

Déja Flu

It’s said that history repeats itself and I’m starting to think that may be true.

Several years ago, when I was a kid, I remember getting extremely sick the week of Thanksgiving. It started about Tuesday and quickly got worse. By the time Thanksgiving rolled around, I was sicker than a dog. (Obviously a sick dog). I didn’t feel like doing much of anything that day, especially eating a big meal. But, as anyone who’s tasted my mother’s cooking knows, turning down a meal she has prepared is difficult, nearly impossible—even for a sick guy. So, I forced myself out of bed and managed to eat a sizable portion of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. The traditional Thanksgiving meal made to perfection! By the end of the last dessert, not only was I still sick, but quite miserable as well.

But the very next day, I was feeling a little better. A few more days and I was fine.
I think it might have had something to do with the healthy qualities of my mother’s cooking.

And now...

Here I am all these years later and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I start getting sick. It quickly got worse and by the time Thanksgiving arrived, I was sicker than I’d been in a long time. I didn’t feel like doing much of anything that day, especially eating a big meal. But, as anyone who’s tasted my wife’s cooking knows, turning down a meal she has prepared is difficult, nearly impossible—even for a sick guy. So, I forced myself out of bed and managed to eat a hefty portion of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. The traditional Thanksgiving meal made to perfection! By the end of the last dessert, not only was I still sick, but quite miserable as well.

But the very next day, I was feeling a little better. As I write this I’m feeling pretty good.
I think it might have something to do with the healthy qualities of my wife’s cooking. ~



Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment