Sunday, June 29, 2014

Breakdown

There are many kinds of breakdowns; nervous breakdowns, fiddle breakdowns, mathematical breakdowns, and of course, mechanical breakdowns. As a truck driver, it’s the last category that affects me. Recently, I’ve been plagued with a rash of them. Not on my personal vehicle, thankfully, but on my truck. In one respect, that’s good, I don’t have to pay for the repairs. On the other hand, it does cost me an awful lot of time. And, breakdowns produce more than a little aggravation.

Among the difficulties my truck has suffered are; coolant leaks, brake problems, power steering issues, lights that won’t work, blowouts, a transmission that didn’t want to change gears, airbags that wouldn’t inflate, and a bunch of other stuff. Since I drive at night, when I break down, it means even more down time than normally would be the case. I have to wake someone up, wait for them to get dressed, drive to the shop, get the parts I need, and then drive to where I’m stranded—usually quite a few miles.

In the last month, I’ve gotten home late more often than not. Hours late sometimes. This throws my schedule off but more importantly; it cuts into my personal time! I do have better things to do than work twenty-four hours a day!

So, I’m really looking forward to my upcoming vacation. Just a few more trips to make and it’ll be here. Approximately, 3575 miles. Should be a breeze—if I don’t break down!

__________________________________



Current Read
Heaven’s Waiting Room
Clare Wilson



SPOTLIGHT Author
Kenneth J. Kerr
The First Madam President


______________________________________

Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook and paperback on iTunes, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Diesel Books, and Smashwords, or at www.bruceabordersbooks.weebly.com. Amazon Profile - http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS Bruce A. Borders also serves as the Vice President of Rave Reviews Book Club http://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com






No comments:

Post a Comment