Sunday, September 2, 2018

Just In Time For Winter


About seven weeks ago, right in the dead of summer, the air conditioner on my pickup stopped working. The air conditioner itself was fine but the temperature control couldn't be adjusted. And of course, it wasn't stuck on the cool setting.

Normally, a non-working air conditioner wouldn't be much of a problem; I don't use it much anyway. But, I'm not really fond of heat blowing out of the vents either - not when the outside temps are in the triple digits.

Trouble is, I was busy. So, I didn't fix it. For seven weeks I've been driving with heat blasting on me. Even with the windows down, it was quite warm! 

I finally got around to working on the pickup this past weekend. The job took about an hour and a half - to take the dash apart, diagnose the problem, devise a way to fix it, and put it all back together. And yes, in case you're wondering, it works!

No more driving around sweating! Or feeling faint! But then, it's now September and the need for air conditioning is quickly fading. Soon I'll be needing heat instead!

Still, I'm glad the air conditioning is working again; I might want to use it - next summer!  ~


Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million.

No comments:

Post a Comment