Monday, December 18, 2017

Wasted Endeavor

Well, we finally got our Christmas shopping done. And with a week to spare! Okay, I’ll admit, this is mostly my wife’s thing but I did help. A little.

Now comes the wrapping part. This is almost worse than shopping for me. It’s not that I can’t wrap packages; I used to wrap 15-20 packages every day when I worked at the dental lab. I learned to do it well and fast. That might be why I don’t really like wrapping now, too much like work. Or maybe it’s the thin paper as that prevents me from going as fast as I’d like. Whatever the reason, I usually avoid wrapping gifts. (Although I do end up doing a few here and there).

Thankfully, my wife comes to my rescue every year. This year was no different. She informed me tonight that the gift-wrapping is all done. That was nice to hear, especially since I haven’t wrapped any of them. But they did look nice, all piled up in the corner.

My wife will also be doing most of the cooking for Christmas. And since she is a great cook, I of course, will let her. I’ll be there for moral support though.

I know: I don’t like shopping, avoid wrapping, get out of cooking, so what exactly do I contribute to this Christmas celebration? Well, my job comes later. After Christmas. As you may know, I haul garbage for a living so it only makes sense that I would be in charge of getting rid of the huge pile of boxes and wrapping paper that a typical Christmas morning produces. All that pretty paper, that’s no longer so pretty, and all the food that no longer appears appetizing; it’s up to me to clear it out of the house and take it away. So, while my job may not be the most esteemed or prestigious—or even difficult—it is, by far, the trashiest! That’s gotta count for something, right? ~


Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment