Monday, January 30, 2017

Mouse Vs. Human

“I just saw a mouse run from behind the kitchen to the laundry room.”

That’s the text I received from my wife last week. We’ve known for a few weeks we had a mouse and I put out several traps. But the traps were not effective. I think mice are getting smarter than they used to be. But I should be smarter, right?

I used to be pretty good at catching mice. A lot of times I’ve captured ten or more in a single night. Of course, it helps when the house has so many mice that you can practically catch them by hand. I didn’t keep track of the total number I caught but it didn’t seem to make any difference anyway. It was like trying to clean up a truckload of sand one grain at a time—with a new truck coming in every day.

But we don’t live in that house anymore and we haven’t had much of problem with mice these days. Occasionally, when we’d find evidence of them, I’d put out a trap, or two, and that would be it. But this time... nothing.

So, after getting my wife’s text, I made another trip to the store. I came home with a variety of traps. They are now set and I’m waiting. Waiting to see if I am smarter than a mouse. Wish me luck ’cause so far, the mouse is winning. ~

Bruce A. Borders is the author of more than a dozen books, including: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, The Journey, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Lana Denae Mysteries, and The Wynn Garrett Series. Available in ebook at www.amazon.com/Bruce-A.-Borders/e/B006SOLWQS and paperback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Bruce A. Borders is a proud member of Rave Reviews Book Club.

______________________________


Current Reads




No comments:

Post a Comment